PRIVACY STATEMENT by INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ABROAD
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ABROAD attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data (and that your privacy is respected).
In this privacy statement, we want to provide clear and transparent information about (what data we collect) how we handle personal data. We make every effort to ensure your privacy and therefore handle personal data with care. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ABROAD is in all cases compliant with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679 Regulation).
This implies that we at least:
• Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they were provided, these goals and type of personal data are described in this privacy statement;
• Processing of your personal data is limited to only those data that are at least necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
• Ask for your express consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data; • Have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures so that the security of your personal data is guaranteed;
• Not transmitting personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the purposes for which they were provided;
• To be aware of your rights regarding your personal data, to point this out and to respect them.
As an organization, we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If you, after reading our privacy statement, have questions about this or want to contact us, please contact us via the contact details below:
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ABROAD
Telefoon : 03/297 55 86
Who is this privacy statement aimed at?
This privacy statement applies to all our current and former members, participants in activities/services and suppliers.
Why do we process your data?
Your personal data will be processed by INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ABROAD for the following purposes and legal grounds:
• Membership administration and services to members (execution agreement)
• Sending information about our activities, newsletters and invitations (legitimate interest).
▪ Occasional e-mails with the announcement of upcoming courses/training sessions, seminaries
▪ We regularly organize visual material (recordings and photo services) on social media such as Facebook and on our website as part of an online broadcast of our activities.
By participating in our activities you agree to the use of the visual material on these channels.
Insofar as the processing of personal data takes place on the basis of permission, you always have the right to withdraw the consent given. For the above purposes we may request and/or process the following personal data from you:
• Personal identity data: name, first name,
• Private contact information: telephone number, e-mail address
• Images (photos, videos, recordings, …)
We only collect personal data that you provide to us in various ways (including registration forms, fill-in and contact forms on our website, personal / telephone/e-mail contact). We do not collect personal data via third parties, with the exception of the information received from the affiliated associations or federations.
We use the collected data only for the purposes for which we obtained the data.
Whether or not you provide data yourself
The information provided, if applicable, must be provided in order to facilitate communication. With the exception of :
• Visual material (for public relations)
• Contact information (for direct contact)
The consequence of not supplying the data is not publishing specific photos of you, and not receiving unsolicited emails.
Provision of personal data to third parties – processors
We may provide the information you give to us to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the above-described purposes. For example, we use a third party (external service provider) for:
• Taking care of the internet environment (web hosting, mail hosting etc.)
• Providing IT infrastructure (including IT network, servers, and much more)
• Ensuring our members, participants and volunteers;
• The provision (and distribution) of newsletters and invitations.
We never pass on personal data to external service providers (processors) with whom we have not entered into a processor agreement (or the same provisions have been included in the contract conditions).
With external service providers (processors), we, of course, make the necessary arrangements to guarantee the security of your personal data.
Provision to third parties – receivers
We share personal data with the following external parties:
• Your data is stored in an EXCEL folder and
• Partners with whom we organize activities in cooperation (activities developed with two or more organizations (including co-production), and for which participants’ lists are exchanged)
With these parties, we, of course, make the necessary arrangements to ensure the security of your personal data and that your data will be treated confidentially.
Furthermore, we will not pass on the information provided by you to other third parties (providing other parties), unless this is legally required and permitted.
At no time do we sell or rent your personal data to third parties. We never pass on your contact details to third parties for commercial purposes.
We may share personal data with other third parties if you give us permission (in writing) for this. You have the right to revoke this permission at any time, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing for its cancellation.
We do not provide personal data to parties which are located outside the European Economic Area.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ABROAD does not store personal data any longer than is necessary for the realization of the purpose for which it was provided, taking into account the period that is necessary to comply with the legal requirements (in the area of accounting, among other things).
However, retention periods may differ for each purpose. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ABROAD commits itself to retain the data no longer than:
° up to 2 years after last use (or on explicit request to delete data)
Security of the data
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, loss or disclosure. ( infringements, loss and unlawful processing …) For example, we have taken the following measures;
• All persons who are able to access your data on behalf of INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ABROAD are obliged to maintain their confidentiality.
• We use a username and password policy on all our systems;
• Your employees are granted access to your data to the extent that they need this information to perform their tasks properly.
• For new projects that may have an impact on your privacy, an extensive analysis is done to guarantee your rights, the security and the protection of your personal data.
Should an incident occur where your details are involved, you will be personally informed of the circumstances provided for by law.
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to access and copy of the personal data relating to you.
You are entitled to improvement and supplementation if your data is incorrect or incomplete.
You have the right to data exchange (deletion) of the personal data we have received from you, and which are no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which they were processed.
We reserve the right to determine whether your request is justified.
You have the right to limit data processing: if you object to the processing of certain data, you may request that processing be stopped/terminated.
You can also file an objection (objection) against the way in which certain personal details are processed.
Additionally, you have the right to oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (via unsubscribe options in e-mails).
You also have the right to have the data provided by you transferred by us to yourself or by order of you directly to another party.
Via the address at the top of this privacy statement, you can contact us to exercise your rights, accompanied by a motivation for your question. We can ask you to identify you before we can respond to the aforementioned requests. To check your identity, we ask you to add a copy of the front of your identity card to your application. We strongly advise you to make your passport photo invisible and to mention that it is a copy.
No category of persons is subjected to any form of automated decision making or profiling.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data or about the exercise of your rights, we ask you to contact us directly. You always have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection:
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
Changes to our privacy statement
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ABROAD can always adjust its privacy statement. From this change, we will make an announcement on our website.
Last Updated: November 08, 2018.